Programming Advisory Committee
Under the direction of its Board, Latitude 53 is currently revisiting its programming model to better reflect and champion its position in Edmonton and Canada’s cultural landscape. During this exciting time, the organization is seeking new members to serve on the Programming Advisory Committee.
The Programming Advisory Committee reviews submissions and recommends to Latitude 53’s staff those they believe to be the strongest work. In our new programming model, which will unite the three gallery spaces within Latitude 53 in a more flexible model to better fit the needs of artists, curators, and critical thinkers for projects of different scales. The PAC’s discussions and dialogues will be one of the first steps in shaping Latitude 53’s programming moving forward through 2017–18.
The PAC is, ideally, a diverse group of individuals united by their interest in contemporary art and their investment in Edmonton’s arts landscape. Consider applying if one of the following describes you:
- An emerging Edmonton-based artist with a contemporary practice
- An artist with experience of the Artist-run Centre context, who has shown in centres outside of Edmonton
- An individual with a strong capacity for writing about contemporary art, whether in an art history or criticism context, or as an engaged audience member
- A facilitator with an interest in community or collaborative programming
- An individual with experience in curation or exhibition design, or in accessible programming for non-traditional audiences
- Someone who challenges our expectations of these categories in a productive way
Ideally, members are able to be a part of the Programming Advisory Committee for two years at a time, to provide some continuity to our programming process. Latitude 53 takes submissions twice a year, in April and September, and following each deadline the PAC meets four to six times over a one-to-two month span to discuss and select projects to recommend for exhibition.
To apply for the PAC, please send a CV and introductory letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Program Advisory Committee volunteer.