This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Latitude 53 Contemporary Visual Culture - Alberta’s site for the intersection of ideas, contemporary art and people is seeking a Development Coordinator.
Latitude 53 Contemporary Visual Culture is looking for a new Development Coordinator to join our dynamic team. We are a dynamic and busy registered charity that focuses upon engaging a wide diversity of audiences in the best of contemporary Visual culture in Alberta
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Coordinator is responsible for setting and achieving mutually agreed upon annual goals in the areas of fundraising, sponsorship, corporate donation and special events as driven by our strategic plan. The Development Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and strengthening relationships between Latitude 53 and its donors, sponsors, audiences and members. This position is currently a 0.7 fte and may increase to full-time in 2017.
The Development Coordinator activates best practices to attract new sponsors to Latitude 53 and oversees the activation of existing sponsorship agreements, including multi-year arrangements with key sponsors and partners; monitoring corporate giving, and identifying, cultivating and soliciting new partnerships. Set development, sponsorship and membership objectives for Latitude 53 and establish an annual plan for achieving these objectives.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to create a fund development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Implement the fund development plans in accordance with ethical fundraising principles
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved
- Monitor trends in the community or region and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary.
Organize fund development activities
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund raising processes are carried out in a timely manner
- Develop policies and procedures for the development department which reflect ethical fundraising practices
- Prepare and submit grant applications as outlined in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization
- Work with a volunteer leadership team in planning of special fundraising events as specified in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization
- Identify and develop corporate, community and business prospects for the organization's fundraising priorities
- Work collaboratively with volunteers for special fund development projects using established volunteer management practices
Manage fund development budget
- Develop and gain approval for an annual income and expenditure budget for the fund development program
- Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditure related to fundraising and the coordination of fund development activities
- Monitor expenses and analyze budget reports on fund development and recommend changes as necessary
Build quality relationships with the organization
- Foster an understanding of philanthropy within the organization
- Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization in partnership with the Executive Director and other staff.
The Ideal Candidate:
Qualities and Qualifications:
- University degree
- A certificate in Fundraising Management is an asset
- Professional designation
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation is an asset
- Knowledge of fundraising management
- Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation affecting charities
- Experience of special events planning and management
- Working knowledge of the management of volunteer resources
- Knowledge of the Canadian Centre for Philanthropy's Ethical Fundraising and Financial Accountability Code
The Development Coordinator should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
* Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve the finances of the organization and to create new opportunities
* Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of Latitude 53.
* Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
* Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
* Focus on Sponsor Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of sponsors and partners to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
* Foster Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
* Leadership: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
* Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
* Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, and monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
* Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
* Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- works in an office/gallery environment;
- work can be flexible depending of the projects, could involve morning or evening meetings;
- May be required to work evenings and weekends during special events
Latitude 53 Contemporary Visual Culture is a 43 year-old not-for-profit artist-run centre and registered charity that explores the boundaries of contemporary art.
Building upon our strong programming history, we create sites for the intersection of contemporary art and ideas in Alberta. Latitude 53 is Alberta’s leading contemporary art centre that animates and promotes thought provoking local, national, and international visual art; stimulates artistic research and education, audience engagement and experimental art practices; and provides a supportive environment for artists taking risks. We would encourage to explore our website at www.latitude53.org as well as our blog portal at blog.latitude53.org to discover more about our activities and scope.
This position is a permanent position with a three-month probation period with the possibilities of expanding to full-time. It is open to all candidates including: women, visible minorities, Indigenous heritage, Trans-identified and people with reduced mobility.
It is desired that position search will have an accelerated search timeline. Interested individuals should forward a cover letter and c.v.
Development Coordinator Search
Latitude 53 Contemporary Visual Culture
10242 - 106 Street, Edmonton, AB T5J 1H7
Attention: Todd Janes, Executive Director
email: please specify the position in the subject line & include attachments as pdfs.